From Interstate 95
- Take Exit 45 for Maine Mall Road/Payne Road
- Pass through the toll plaza (no toll)
- Take the first exit for Maine Mall Road
- Turn right at the traffic light
- Go straight through three traffic lights and turn left at the hotel entrance
From Interstate 295
- Take Exit 1 for Maine Mall Road
- Keep right and take the next exit, then keep left, following the "Jetport" sign.
- Turn right at the traffic light
- Go straight through two traffic lights and turn left at the hotel entrance
If you are flying, taking a bus, or taking a train
- Portland has an airport, called the Portland International Jetport (PWM). Most major airlines will fly to it.
- The Portland Transportation Center is where Concord Coach Buses and Amtrak Downeaster trains stop.
- DoubleTree has a complimentary shuttle bus service that will go to the jetport and the transportation center.
- To request it, call the hotel at 207-775-6161
- Alternatively you can use one of Portland's many taxi services, call an Uber, or use the Portland METRO bus to get to the hotel.
If you are flying to Logan Airport instead of Portland Jetport
- There's two ways to get to Portland from Logan Airport besides getting a ride:
- Concord Coach has regular (hourly during the day, every 2 hours in evenings) bus service to/from the Portland Transportation Center and Logan Airport.
- Amtrak Downeaster leaves from Boston's Amtrak North Station. Please note you will need to use the T subway to get from the airport to the train station.
- Both of these ways will result in about a 3 hour ride.
A public service announcement about flying in the United States
- Starting on January 22, 2018, the Department of Homeland Security will begin enforcing REAL ID.
- This means that at airports, state-issued Drivers' Licenses from non-compliant states will no longer be accepted.
- If you are from a non-compliant state, you will need to show a passport, military ID, or permanent residence card at the airport to be able to board your plane. States given an extension will still be accepted until October 10, 2018.
- Go to the Department of Homeland Security website to find out if your state is compliant, or given an extension.
NOTE: "Under Review" should be considered as non-compliant.
Using Public Transportation in New EnglandFrom Maine north of Portland
There are two Concord Coach buses which will go between Bangor and Portland - one of them follows I-95 and passes Newport, Waterville, Augusta, Lewiston/Auburn, Gray, and ends in Portland. The other bus follows Route 1 from Bangor and stops at towns along there such as Camden and Damariscotta, then gets on Interstate 295 in Brunswick and heads for Portland. If you are coming from points north of Bangor, Cyr Bus Lines offers daily service between Bangor, Caribou, and Presque Isle, along with many other towns along that route.
From Maine south of Portland
Your best bet will be to take an Amtrak Downeaster commuter train to Portland. Unfortunately they only have stations in Wells, Saco, and Old Orchard Beach.
From New Hampshire
Concord Coach buses will take you to Boston's South Station from many major cities in New Hampshire, where you can then take a second bus that will go directly to Portland. Amtrak Downeaster service is also available for those near Exeter, Dover, and Durham NH.
There are Greyhound buses which will take you to Boston's South Station where you can then take a Concord bus directly to Portland. There's no direct rail service from points in Vermont.
From Massachusetts, Connecticut, or Rhode Island
Peter Pan Buses will take you to Boston South Station, where you can then take a Concord Coach bus to Portland. Amtrak service from RI and CT to Boston South Station is available as well, and Amtrak Downeaster service is available from Haverhill and Woburn MA, and Boston North Station.
From New York City and surrounding areas
Concord Coach has a bus that goes directly to Portland from NYC.