Pine Fur Con

Traveling to the Convention

From Interstate 95

  1. Take Exit 45 for Maine Mall Road/Payne Road
  2. Pass through the toll plaza (no toll)
  3. Take the first exit for Maine Mall Road
  4. Turn right at the traffic light
  5. Go straight through three traffic lights and turn left at the hotel entrance

From Interstate 295

  1. Take Exit 1 for Maine Mall Road
  2. Keep right and take the next exit, then keep left, following the "Jetport" sign.
  3. Turn right at the traffic light
  4. Go straight through two traffic lights and turn left at the hotel entrance

If you are flying, taking a bus, or taking a train

  • Portland has an airport, called the Portland International Jetport (PWM). Most major airlines will fly to it.
  • The Portland Transportation Center is where Concord Coach Buses and Amtrak Downeaster trains stop.
  • DoubleTree has a complimentary shuttle bus service that will go to the jetport and the transportation center.
  • To request it, call the hotel at 207-775-6161
  • Alternatively you can use one of Portland's many taxi services, call an Uber, or use the Portland METRO bus to get to the hotel.

If you are flying to Logan Airport instead of Portland Jetport

  • There's two ways to get to Portland from Logan Airport besides getting a ride:
  • Concord Coach has regular (hourly during the day, every 2 hours in evenings) bus service to/from the Portland Transportation Center and Logan Airport.
  • Amtrak Downeaster leaves from Boston's Amtrak North Station. Please note you will need to use the T subway to get from the airport to the train station.
  • Both of these ways will result in about a 3 hour ride.

A public service announcement about flying in the United States

  • Starting on January 22, 2018, the Department of Homeland Security will begin enforcing REAL ID.
  • This means that at airports, state-issued Drivers' Licenses from non-compliant states will no longer be accepted.
  • If you are from a non-compliant state, you will need to show a passport, military ID, or permanent residence card at the airport to be able to board your plane. States given an extension will still be accepted until October 10, 2018.
  • Go to the Department of Homeland Security website to find out if your state is compliant, or given an extension.
    NOTE: "Under Review" should be considered as non-compliant.